React Native technology is a trending framework for Android and iOS app development these days. Introduced by Facebook in 2015, developers today are making the most of modern web techniques on mobile. A total of 1,408 contributors for React Native is enough to glorify the acceptance and potential of this framework amongst the mobile app developers around the world.
The ever rising popularity of React Native can also be witnessed at app stores where you’ll find numerous React Native Apps highly popular among users. From startups to Fortune 500 companies, React Native is the preferred choice for mobile app development company. In this blog we have listed the ever exciting benefits of React Native framework and the popular apps that are built using React Native.
Future of React Native is Magnificent
React Native is built for the main purpose to bring the power of React to native mobile apps development. React Native components are side-effect-free functions that return what the views look like at any point in time.
Before React Native was developed by Facebook, mobile applications were mostly developed either through the native platform’s development environment or through cross-platform solutions like Ionic and Apache Cordova, Xamarin, etc.
These solutions, though good, lacks in certain areas. React Native introduction in 2015 resolved a lot of problems developers were facing. Till now, several apps have been developed with this framework and are being used by the world’s top companies and tech giants, some of them being listed below:
Facebook’s Ads Manager is the first full cross platform app built using React Native. Why React Native for Facebook Ad? Here are the reasons:
- It has got a clean with intuitive UX and simple navigation that ensure an amazing experience to the users.
- Animation and transitions are also flawless & don’t look unnatural or buggy at any point.
- The overall experience is brilliant with the lightning fast speed, regardless of the operations you want to perform.
Bloomberg is a popular news aggregator app that offers users the news related to global business and finance. Bloomberg team adopted React Native for their mobile app development after developing and updating the versions of iOS and Android app individually. A thorough testing of the React Native prototype was done before the technology was adopted for simultaneous updation of cross-platform apps. Reasons for developing it over React Native platform are:
- React Native platform offers clients a streamlined, interactive experience with simple-to-access personalized content, videos and live feeds.
- The Bloomberg team developed the app using React Native technology that actually delivers on the promise of cross-platform native app development.
- Another advantage of using React Native in Bloomberg app is that it automates code refreshes; accelerate the release of new product features.
- With the use of React Native tool, the app reloads instantly instead of recompiling.
Gyroscope is a healthcare app built on React Native platform. It enables users to see & track their health concerns like footsteps, heart rate, meditation activities, productivity on computer, weight loss, sleep tracker and a lot more. Here are the other features of this app:
- The entire healthcare data that has been tracked by the app is displayed on: Simple and Cards mode.
- A daily/weekly/monthly report is generated for all the tracked data that helps to define the next step in healthcare development.
- The whole information is shown in two well-designed views: Simple and Cards mode.
- Integrated with HealthKit, Gyroscope enables clients to see their total wellbeing profile throughout their life.
React Native is surely an amazing UI and UX to both Android and iOS apps. Myntra is the perfect example how an online shopping portal on mobile look like. From the look and feel awesome user experience, the app makes shopping on mobile quite convenient & easy. The app presents the beautiful presentation of catalogs, profiles, a hassle free order placement and much more.
Do you order food online from a restaurant? Then you might have used Uber Eats app! The UberEats app, developed by Uber, enables its users to order food online & deliver them in the shortest time possible.
A small part of UberEats is built on React Native. The technology has added a significant experience for the users in terms of UI and UX. React Native offers a profound dashboard to the app for restaurants including functions like sound notifications, push notifications etc.
The UberEats app developed by Uber is a platform that enables its users to order food online and have it delivered to them. Building their food delivery app using React Native came out to be a smart and successful solution as:
- Incorporating React Native has empowered developers to use local functionalities that significantly improved the general client experience.
- The technology offers functionality enabling users to keep track of their food order.
- Users can conveniently make payments on the app.
Instagram- a popular social networking platform that allows sharing photos and videos with friends and families, has recently moved their existing app to React Native technology. Since the app earlier has got simple UI, so adopting a new technology was comparatively easier. Adopting React Native enabled an easy maintenance for Instagram app on both platforms-Android and iOS. Integrating React Native into existing native app offers following advantages:
- Instagram now has a simplest view than ever.
- The Push Notification view functionality which was initially implemented as a WebView.
- Building navigation infrastructure is no longer required as the UI was quite simple.
- 85% to 99% of the code was shared between Android and iOS apps that enabled team to deliver the app much faster than they would have with the previous native framework.
Walmart-world’s largest online retailer, always seek ways to improve customer experience by trying new technologies. The retail chain has introduced Node.js into their tech stack but revised it into React Native. Walmart’s app is more versatile now and enables you to get delivered things in just two days. Some of the best features, Walmart app users are enjoying on, include:
- React Native enables a significant improvement in their app performance on both iOS and Android.
- They can now use fewer resources and within a shorter time span.
- React Native allows great performance, nearly identical to native apps, and extremely smooth animations.
- Consistently offer the best client experience allowing secure payments with Walmart Pay.
Delivery.com is another retail delivery app enabling customers to order online from their preferred online shops or restaurants. Every day more than one million customers order food or other products online from various platforms via Delivery. Headquartered in New York US, delivery.com help customers shop & grow ecommerce business.
Delivery chose React Native to allow you link the plugin with a native module, so you can connect the map up with the device’s functions like rotate, zoom, and the compass, while utilizing less memory and load faster. This can help you keep the app running smoothly even if your app supports previous operating systems.
Tesla is the big name in the electrical motor industry. This motor giant has also adopted the React Native in developing its Tesla app. The Tesla mobile app allows its users to control their cars remotely. You can even monitor the charging progress of your Tesla, you can start or stop charging, with just a click from the app.
The Tesla app now has a beautiful dark-themed UI that gives it the appearance of a game. One can find the app on both the Google Play Store and the App Store.
Skype is a telecommunications application mostly used for video chats and voice calls over the internet, between devices like phones, PCs, and smartwatches. Skype is owned by Microsoft that has its own framework called Xamarin. Still, Skype is converted to React Native for cross-platform mobile development.
React Native integration not only saved money on schedule and assets of skype, but also made Skype quicker additionally captivating as a mobile application.
Looking to Build Your Business App with React Native?
The examples above clearly prove that React Native has got vast potential for mobile app development of any scale and for any business. If you too have an app idea that you want to build on this amazing technology then we can help you! Connect to Industry Experts for the best React Native development services for your dream project!
QSS Technosoft is an innovative React Native Development Company offering services to its clients located globally. The company, till now, has built highly interactive cross-platform mobile apps at a lightning-fast speed using React Native technology.
Contact us for an in-depth discussion about your project!
Rashmi Kanti is a passionate content writer & a blogger having written numerous blogs for IT domain. Being into the Blogging world for the past 4 years, she is presently contributing technology loaded articles & blogs regularly to QSS Technosoft. Rashmi has a proficient knowledge of the latest market trends in the mobile & web applications and expresses herself a big technology geek.