Coronavirus, or COVID-19, has severely affected the whole world. Every one of us is highly affected by this ongoing pandemic. As the coronavirus tends to spread with human-to-human contact, the Governments of major nations have imposed social distancing to be followed strictly. Citizens are bound to limit their outings and stay indoors.
“Latest statistics by Worldometers reveal that approximately 1.9 million people have been infected with the virus with a total death counts now raised to 1.2 lakhs, and the numbers increasing at a rapid pace.”
Quarantine has completely changed the way we operate. Be it work or education everything has changed drastically. While the vendors have closed down their shops and businesses have shut down their offices to work from home, the market is moving online.
In this time of lockdown, there has been seen massive popularity & demand for certain apps. Due to a sudden increase in demand for daily essentials and utilities, on-demand apps in 2020 have witnessed a massive growth amidst this pandemic. So, how on-demand apps are benefitting businesses?
In this article, we are highlighting some major benefits of having an on-demand app for your business with a list of a few on-demand apps that are helping us amidst the coronavirus outbreak.
On-Demand Apps that are witnessing Huge demand & Profits Amidst #Covid19
Following are some popular categories of on-Demand Apps that are witnessing huge demand & profits amidst this worldwide pandemic.
On-Demand Grocery Delivery Apps for the Essentials
As per the World Health Organization, Social Distancing is important to break the chain of corona infection. You cannot go out even for purchasing the daily utilities & groceries since it can increase the risk of contracting the disease. Thus, it is better to rely on on-demand grocery apps.
The on-demand grocery app has been offering huge convenience to shoppers. It eliminates your risk of going out to purchase daily essentials and contracting this deadly virus.
Most of the on-demand app businesses are taking preventative measures during deliveries. With the app, you can order your grocery in a few clicks, make the payment online and the delivery person will leave your delivery outside your home to maintain social distancing and avoid contact. Some of the popular on-demand grocery apps working across different regions in India are:
- Milk Basket- Milkbasket is a daily utility offering app operational in Hyderabad, Delhi NCR, and Bangaluru. The app promises free delivery of milk, bread, eggs, vegetables, and other daily needs items every morning, at your doorstep before 7:00 am.
- Grofers- This app delivers all grocery and daily essential items to customers in Delhi, Gurugram, Bengaluru, Mumbai and other cities in India with the lowest prices guaranteed.
- Big basket- Being the largest online grocery supermarket in India, the app offers groceries and food supplies in various categories such as fruits & vegetables, food grains, oil, masalas, bakery items, beverages, household supplies, etc. across metro cities.
Food Delivery for Your Cravings
Have your favorite food cravings during the lockdown period? Various restaurants are operational to deliver your favorite food online. You can order your food via food delivery apps that are a big hit these days. Some popular on-demand food delivery apps that are currently functional include:
- Zomato- Zomato is a leading global platform for restaurant search & discovery, online food ordering, and restaurant table reservations. This on-demand food delivery app is a massive hit among people who are stuck at home due to the Covid19 lockdown
- Swiggy- Swiggy is another on-demand food ordering and delivery startup in India. It utilizes a platform allowing customers to order food from nearby restaurants and get it delivered at their doorstep.
Do you own a restaurant but don’t have an on-demand food delivery app? Build your food delivery app with QSS Technosoft and reach new heights in online food delivery!
Tele-conferencing Apps to Remain Connected
Now, when self-isolation is a need of the hour, the only way to remain connected with your colleagues and business partners is by using teleconferencing apps. These apps are noticing a high surge in demand. Some teleconferencing apps that are already gaining massive popularity amidst Corona lockdown are:
- Skype for Business- Many Businesses find Skype for Business a better medium to remain connected with your managers, colleagues during work from home.
- Google Hangouts/Meets- Google Hangouts or Meets is another on-demand app that is worth downloading during the Coronavirus outbreak. The platform allows video calls with up to 10 people and group chats with over 100 people.
Pharmacy/Medicine delivery AppsA pharmacy delivering on-demand app offers a seamless experience helping us to order essential & prescribed medicines at our doorstep. All medicine deliveries are functional even during this lockdown. Just log on to the app, upload doctor’s prescription of medicines, make the payment and get them delivered asap at your doorstep.
Following are some popular on-demand pharmacy/medicine delivery apps even working during COVID 19 pandemics-
Build On-demand Apps for Your Business with Expert On-Demand App developers
COVID-19 isn’t just a health emergency. It is also an economic emergency. Various small businesses are finding it hard to stay afloat with the current lockdowns imposed in countries across the globe.
To make sure that your business survives, you must enter the online market. Strategize how you can change your model to deliver your services to your customers, at the doorstep, with minimal contact.
In this time of emergency, we highly recommend you to create an app for your business.
Looking to build an on-demand app for your business? Get in touch now with a prominent app development company in India!
QSS Technosoft is an award-winning mobile app development company working in India with a presence across the USA. Till now, we have helped many businesses in developing their first on-demand app for their business located across different verticals. Our developers have expertise in integrating versatile features into your on-demand business app like- Notification, GPS Tracking, Activity List, Wishlist, multiple payment facilities, order tracking, rating & reviews, etc.
Hire us to build your on-demand app relating to teleconferencing, food, laundry, pharmacy, grocery, apparel, or the healthcare industry, etc. Connect to us to get an estimate about your on-demand app development cost.
Stay Home, Stay Safe!
Rashmi Kanti is a passionate content writer & a blogger having written numerous blogs for IT domain. Being into the Blogging world for the past 4 years, she is presently contributing technology loaded articles & blogs regularly to QSS Technosoft. Rashmi has a proficient knowledge of the latest market trends in the mobile & web applications and expresses herself a big technology geek.