eLearning apps have become a billion-dollar business idea during these tough times of COVID pandemic. Almost every education based business is reaping benefits out of it. Education, eLearningLook at the eLearning App Development Stages and mLearning apps have become one of the best learning resources these days. Remote education is gaining a lot of popularity via these highly- intuitive, knowledgeable and the best educational apps.
In this blog, we are enlisting how eLearning apps are hitting the education sector for a new promising future and what it takes to build a robust and feature-rich eLearning app for your education based business.
Why To Have Educational App Development?
The ongoing pandemic has restricted our entry to the outside world. Everything from offices to schools and colleges are shut down and have turned to digital mode. For a better and advanced education system for kids, children & youths, advanced technologies like eLearning apps are turning out tSystem around the worldo be fruitful- strictly dominating the way of the traditional education system. Some of the benefits of switching to digital mode of education are-
- eLearning apps are the need of the hour to promote advanced and organized learning anywhere, anytime.
- In an eLearning app, everything is incorporated into a single app
- An educational app can be used 24/7
- eLearning apps can track students’ performance easily and let you know your weaker areas.
- These apps can get you instant updates regarding everything.
Market Trends & Predictions for E-learning Apps
As per the German company Statista report, the digital learning market will grow to 243 billion US dollars by 2022. The report also suggests-
- about 64% of students prefer to view educational materials using mobile devices;
- applications are widely popular among smartphone and tablet users (about 90% of respondents actively download programs in the Play Market and App Store);
- Users of smart devices show greater efficiency in acquiring knowledge and skills in comparison with people who do not use mobile gadgets.
Another survey by the American Institute of Public Opinion Gallup reported that more than 71% of people called the concept of e-learning more understandable and accessible than the traditional one.
This clearly indicates that eLearning apps are the future of the Education System around the world.
Want to Develop A One? Look at the eLearning App Development Stages
Stage 1 – Market Analysis
One has to conduct a thorough market research before finalizing the type of app they want to develop. Get a unique idea for your education app and conduct a SWOT analysis of your competitors so as to identify:
- Their strengths and weaknesses;
- opportunities to create a quality product;
- external threats that can affect success.
This analysis will help you plan your future business strategy.
Stage 2 – Determining Your Target Audience
Establish your target audience and potential users who will be using your application. Identify their main needs and expectations, age group, and so on. This will help plan your app more accurately.
Stage 3 – Work on UI / UX design According to Target User Base
This would hold onto your future target audience. For example, if your app is meant for children, it should be bright, fun, and elementary in management. For older users, use a calm color scheme with a simple and intuitive interface. Overloaded design can lay a negative impact on the users.
Stage 4 –MVP features
Minimum Viable Product (MVP) is a version of your apps that suggests whether your app has a minimum number of features to meet the needs of first users. It lets you first add upon core functionality user needs and a huge space for adding subsequent new features afterwards after release. MVP also makes it possible to understand how the released product matches the market with minimal cost, and subsequently make adjustments to the strategy.
Stage 5 – Choosing the Monetization Method
The TOP 4 most profitable ways to monetize your elearning apps are-
- Payment for the course- This is how most learning platforms work where users pay for each course they want access for.
- Subscription- This is another well-known model where in order to access the content of the site, the user needs to pay a certain amount.
- Donations- This monetization model is somewhat risky and is generally used by non-commercial projects.
- Run Ads- Another way to monetize is placing ads in your elearning application.
Features & Functionalities to Be Added
Regardless of what type of application you chose for your business, and what your target audience is, your app should contain the necessary set of functions mentioned below-
Registration and account management
The users (students and teachers) of the app should have a proper identification procedure. Make them register by email address or phone number and password. You can also give social media login options like Facebook.
Search Tab & Filters
An elearning app basically works like a directory where all learning materials are posted. Searching for a particular course may be difficult in case there are too many courses. To ease down finding the right course, try offering:
- search bar for finding a particular course
- categories of the courses
- filters – by language, cost, level
This feature helps students to track their progress by seeing the work done, number of courses, hours spent etc. Also, teachers can get useful information like their ratings, attendance, income etc.
This function is required to manage content on the platform, edit, update and delete courses, notifications, and so on.
Detailed course page
An app has a lot more courses consisting of videos, podcasts, interactive tutorials or online chats. There should be a specific page for each course with its description, data about the authors and a list of materials, topics as well as details of the certificate students would get after completing the course.
For paid courses, students would use the feature to pay for them, and teachers should be able to receive their earnings. A secure payment method should be chosen. You can offer easy payment options like bank cards, UPIs, smart wallets and so on.
Through this feature, you can notify students about new courses, events or promotions by sending notifications to their email address or messengers.
How much does it cost to develop an e-learning app?
In order to finally analyzing the cost of developing an elearning app, consider these 3 major factors-
- The complexity of the App– If the platform contains only basic functionality, the price of its development would be cheaper. The price will go up if you choose adding a variety of options like interactive, audio or video, prices go up.
- The number of platforms your app uses- If the app is being developed for Android only or iOS only, the cost incurred is limited to one platform. However, if you need to create a product for multiple platforms, the cost will increase.
- The development team you seek to hire- The more complex your app would be, the more versatile team of developers you will need to hire for the project.
Considering the above factors, the average per hour cost of developing the app is approximately $ 40-60. Assuming that the project will take about 1000 hours, creating an e-learning application will cost approximately US $ 40,000-60,000.
Build Feature-Rich eLearning Apps from Top Developers @ $25 Per Hour
Looking for an expert team to develop eLearning software for your Education business? Connect to our best elearning app development experts that can cater to your every sort of eLearning software development requirement!
QSS Technosoft is a top-notch eLearning app development company that has in-depth knowledge and experience in delivering several apps based on different business domains. We have an in-house team of 150+ senior-level developers who are experts in developing the best educational apps at affordable app development costs. We create Powerful e-learning solutions for schools, M-Learning App, learning management systems, loaded with powerful features, interactive designs, and great simplicity.
Connect to us for an in-depth discussion of your project.
Rashmi Kanti is a passionate content writer & a blogger having written numerous blogs for IT domain. Being into the Blogging world for the past 5 years, she is presently contributing technology loaded articles & blogs regularly to QSS Technosoft. Rashmi has a proficient knowledge of the latest market trends in the mobile & web applications and expresses herself a big technology geek.